New Puppy Supplies
This is a list of new puppy supplies both you and your puppy will need. The links will take you to www.DogBooksLibrary.com, which is an Amazon- and Dogwise-affiliate site where I have handpicked all the books and products.
I chose these books and products because:
- I like and use them.
- My dog training/behavior consultant colleagues recommend them.
- They were rated 4 or 5 stars by Amazon users.
I have filtered out all the junk that normally comes up when you look for a category on Amazon — if you want to read about Labrador Retrievers, you don’t have to wade through the Labrador Retriever cookie cutters, Labrador Retriever jewelry, treats, etc., dog books and dog products with less than 4 stars, and duplicate entries.
A portion of the profits from Dog Books Library goes to the Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation for research on diseases of dogs.
And if that’s not enough reason to come to Dog Books Library — The other sites are not very attractive and are boring! Dog Books Library has humorous photographs and a very cozy feeling. Please use it and come back again and again to see what’s new — and let others know about us, too.
The Front End – The Mouth
Food & Treats
Chewing & Biting Toys and Supplies for Puppies
The Back End – Puppy Clean-up
Sleeping (Beds) & Confinement (Crates & X-Pens)
Comforting & Calming Supplies for your New Puppy
- Snuggle Puppy
- DAP aka Adaptil – a diffuser that emits a scent that smells like his mother (We can’t smell it.)
Exercise & Outdoor Puppy Supplies
Puppy Grooming Supplies
These are the four core books I recommend.
- Puppy Socialization – my book, which is the only book on puppy socialization written by a certified dog trainer
PS paperback or PS Kindle
- Puppy Potty Training – my book on housebreaking, which is *very* funny as well as informative
PPT paperback B&W, PPT paperback full color, or Kindle
- My Smart Puppy – a book on all aspects of puppy training and behavior
MSP paperback or MSP Kindle
- The Other End of the Leash – a dog psychology book that shows us that puppies and dogs think differently than we do
TOEOTL Paperback or TOEOTL Kindle
• List of service providers: vet, emergency vet, groomer, dog walker
• House rules for the whole family to follow (Is puppy allowed on the furniture? Who is going to feed puppy? Who is going to clean up puppy messes?)
I’d love to hear what your comments are when you purchased new puppy supplies. Please share your experiences with your new puppy or ask a question so we can begin a dialogue to help each other.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational only. It does not replace a consultation with a dog behavior consultant or veterinarian and may not be used to diagnose or treat any conditions in your dog.
If you need help with dog training or puppy training in Los Angeles, please contact us. We would love to work with you!