Los Angeles Puppy Dog Potty Training
When you get your puppy or dog, the first thing on your mind is — “How do I potty train this dog or puppy? I’ve done everything, and he’s still peeing and pooping everywhere!”
Boy, have you come to the right place! Caryl has not only been a dog trainer and behavior consultant for 20+ years, but she has written several potty training books. Puppy Potty Training: The Expert’s Guide to Housetraining FAST won the 2015 Golden Ebook award!
Whether you call it potty training, house training, or housebreaking , training your dog to eliminate where you want him to can be a very frustrating experience. (I’m not particularly fond of the word “housebreaking” — we’re not teaching your dog to break anything … just to do what you want him to do where you want him to do it.)
Dogs know *how* to pee and poop — you don’t need to teach them to do that. What they don’t know is *where* you want them to go. They do have to be taught! Remember, *you* didn’t pop out of your mother’s womb knowing to use the toilet in the bathroom!!! Someone spent time training you……
We have two potty training programs, which are further explained below:
- We come to your home (If you are in the Los Angeles area, this is the program we suggest).
- One hour for a puppy -$195 (+ prorated $125/hour if our sessions extends longer than an hour)
- 1.5 hours for a puppy or dog — $295
- You may continue with a longer private training package if you wish, but we need to make these arrangements at the end of our first session.
- We can guide you over the phone.
- One hour for a puppy — $60
- 90 minutes for a dog — $125
When we train together, you receive a free copy of my award-winning book (it’s funny as well as informative), which is also available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle.
Potty Training or Housebreaking
Dogs need two things to be reliably potty trained: muscle control and mental control. Puppies generally don’t have either. You may have had a previous puppy who “got it” right away, but THIS puppy doesn’t. This is a different puppy! This puppy may have other areas to excel but may need more help (and time) with the potty training.
- Our Puppy Potty Training program is one hour, and we give you general housetraining guidelines and then personalize a program for you. We discuss only potty training issues.
- If you would like to discuss other puppy issues in addition to the potty training, then we can extend the program for another hour, and the fee for two hours is $295.
Potty Training or Housebreaking
for Adult Dogs
Dogs pee and poop where you don’t want for several reasons. We need to determine why your dog is having elimination problems in order to help both him and you. So if you are doing “everything the books say to do” and it’s still not having an effect, then the reason may not be simply incomplete housetraining.
House soiling, as with any behavior issue, may stem from a medical problem. Make sure your vet has thoroughly examined your dog (including a full blood panel, fecal exam, and urinalysis) to rule out anything physically wrong with him.
Our program for housetraining for adult dogs is a 1.5 session where I come to your house. Before we meet, you fill out a questionnaire which gives a history of what you have tried in the potty training process and also asks other questions about housetraining to determine if it is truly a housesoiling issue or something else.
During our meeting, we discuss your answers in more detail, and I ask follow-up questions. We also talk about your specific situation, and then we personalize a housetraining program specifically for you and your dog. The fee for this is $295. If you take the Doggie Manners private obedience lessons or the combination program, then we can incorporate the house training program.
Why is this program more expensive than the Puppy Program? Because with puppies, we’re basically working on a clean slate. With adult dogs, we need to rule out other factors to make sure that it is truly an incomplete housetraining problem and not some other issue and also deal with their history — the bottom line is that it takes more time.
The fundamental principles for adult dog potty training are the same, so you will also receive a free copy of my book with your lesson.
for Puppy Dog Potty Training
We also offer telephone appointments. For puppies, the fee is $60. For adult dogs it is $125. Appointments are scheduled to our mutual convenience.
Let’s get started! Please call 1-877-7-DOGGIE for more information and to set up an in-person or telephone appointment. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Here’s a quick summary of how to house train your dog –
- Take him where you want him to go when he has to go and then reward him when he goes there.
- Supervise your dog or confine him when you can’t watch him.
- Feed him on a regular schedule.
- Clean soiled areas with an enzyme-based cleaner.
Let’s start training together to help your dog with Los Angeles Puppy Dog Potty Training!
Just reach for your phone and call 1-877-7-DOGGIE!